We are so proud of this new dish! Filled to the brim with interesting veg, which is a super tasty way of meeting children’s 5-a-day while exposing them to exciting veg they may not have tasted before. This dish serves perfectly with a wholemeal loaf and unsalted butter.
What do we love about our farmer sue's chicken stew?
This new recipe contains a whole host of different veggies including kale, leek, carrot, celeriac, fennel, and swede. The use of pearl barley is a good source of fibre, important for healthy bowels and keeping our little ones full! We've also used marmite in this dish for an extra flavour boost, which is fortified with B vitamins to help release energy from food and make red blood cells to carry oxygen around the body.
- a glug of sunflower oil
- 1 large onion - roughly diced
- 400g- chicken mince
- 75g leek - sliced or chopped
- 175g carrot - cut in half moons
- 270g celeriac - peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 rosemary sprigs - leaves only finely chopped
- 300g fennel - roughly chopped tiny pinch of ground fennel seeds
- 190g swede - roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 thyme sprigs - leaves only - finely chopped
- 3 tarragon springs - finely chopped
- 5 sage leaves - finely chopped
- 30g- tomato paste
- 1000ml- water
- 1 cube/pot- chicken stock
- 1 spoonful - marmite
- 1g- nutritional yeast
- 75g- pearl barley
- 75g- kale
- half a lemon - juiced
Download the full famer sue's chicken stew recipe, here.