Our new italian beef pasta dish is a simple classic beef ragu with carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, and lots of tasty herbs, all mixed up with our macaroni pasta. You have the choice to top with grated cheddar if you'd like, either before cooking or served in a bowl on the table for your family to serve themselves.
What do we love about our italian beef pasta?
Our delicious italian beef pasta is low in fat and packed with lots of veggies, including onion, carrot, mushrooms, and sweet potato. Different foods offer a combination of nutrients such as fibre, vitamins and minerals which is so important for our bodies!
- a glug of cooking oil
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 1 small punnet of mushrooms - chopped small
- 1 carrot - chopped or grated
- 300-500g beef mince
- 1 red pepper - chopped
- 1 small sweet potato - grated
- 3 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- 100g red lentils
- 1tbsp tomato paste
- 600g passata
- dried mushrooms - 5 pieces chopped
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 500ml water
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1tbsp marmite
- 2 sprigs of rosemary (leaves only - chopped)
- 1tsp oregano
- pinch of black pepper
Download the full italian beef pasta recipe, here.